Hotel Watch is run by, and for, members of the hospitality community and is fully supported by the Police.
Each Hotel Watch scheme has a dedicated Co-ordinator with direct links to the local policing team. It’s key aim is to create and support an information sharing platform between hotels and the Police to:
- increase the prevention and detection of hospitality related crime
- support the country-wide efforts to minimise the impact of County Lines drug trafficking
- provide another way to help locate missing people and protect vulnerable individuals
- offer hotel staff awareness training to enable then to better identify vulnerable individuals or criminal situations
- share examples of past criminal activity and tips to encourage staff to report at the earliest sign if they feel anything is wrong
- promote a safer working environment for all hospitality workers
- encourage local collaborative crime prevention initiatives
Here in Devon and Cornwall
Here in the South West, Hotel Watch falls under the remit of the Devon and Cornwall Community Watch Association and is fully supported by Devon & Cornwall Police.
Members are able to share information about criminal, anti-social and suspicious behaviour in their area, have access to the Devon and Cornwall Alert messaging service as well as a range of promotional material to demonstrate that they are part of a Police-supported initiative.
Benefits of joining
- Have the opportunity to organise and attend events to support your staff and business, plus regular meetings where you can meet other Hotel watch members in your area.
- You will receive stickers and signs to display on your property.
- You will have access to Devon and Cornwall Alert (early information regarding crimes or suspicious behaviour) as well as to your local policing team.
- You will receive advice on how to report suspicious activity.
- You will receive regular hotel related crime information for your area.
How to join
It’s free to join Hotel Watch. All you need to do is:
- Register your details with Devon and Cornwall Alert
Contact DaCCWA for more details by using the Enquiry Form to be linked to your area Co-ordinator or to find out how you can help set up a new Hotel Watch Scheme in your area
Content correct on page at last modification date.
DaCCWA are NOT accountable for the content of external websites