The Devon and Cornwall Community Watch Association (DaCCWA) was established in January 1998 and is a registered Charity.
- We promote good citizenship and greater public participation in the prevention and solution of crime and quality of life issues so that effective liaison between the police and public can be achieved in order to promote the efficiency of the police in the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary area.
- We promote effective infrastructure to Watch communities and make every effort to ensure that is aligns with local policing structures.
- We promote democracy and endeavour to ensure that all board and local committee members have been democratically elected be all local NHW members.
Neighbourhood Watch exists to:
- Cut crime and the opportunities for crime and anti-social behaviour
- Provide reassurance to local residents and reduce the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour
- Encourage neighbourliness and closer communities
- Improve the quality of life for local residents and tenants
It will do this by:
- Being a community based organisation, involving residents and tenants who are working together
- Working in partnership with the police, local authorities and other agencies to reduce crime and disorder
- Sharing information and advice with the police and other agencies concerning crime and other incidents
It can do this by:
- Identifying issues of local concern
- Becoming involved in community problem solving, agreeing regularly which problems to target and what actions to take
- Getting involved in crime and disorder and anti-social behaviour prevention initiatives
- Providing volunteer administrators/co-ordinators who assist paid Neighbourhood Watch staff to effectively run Neighbourhood Watch
- Monitoring and reporting on Anti-Social Behaviour
- Forming district Forums, BCU NHW Committees and Force-wide associations to share and disseminate good practice together with effective governance.